Thursday, May 22, 2008

S**T Happens

Wow, I already have two posts in one day!

Okay, so having a dog means having to pick up doggie poop (or stinkies to DDT) constantly so DDT can play in the backyard. Well I did my job this afternoon while little man was napping. Once he woke up he was ready to play in the backyard so I opened the door and let him run free making sure there were no new stinkies.

Meanwhile I was cleaning up the kitchen and started smelling a certain odor. Hmmm, it smells like dog poop....I look in the front room and Hankers is laying on the floor so I am sure that he has been there the whole time as he would to have walked past me to get to the backyard. So I went back to my business. I looked out towards the back door and saw him. DDT with handfuls, YES HANDFULS of stinkies. Not only was it all over his hands but on his head and feet. He thought it would be fun to practice his stomping technique in the dog poop. That dog is sneaky!!

While I probably would have freaked out in the past (like 2 months ago), I have come to realize that S**t happens and you just have to deal with it and not freak out. So DDT got an early bath and is now squeaky clean. As for me, I am proud that I didn't gag, pass out, scream, etc.

Another lesson in parenthood!

2 comments:

Gino said...

Isn't this the best!!!!.....we're listening and waiting.

ChiTown Girl said...

Ewww!!!! You are a goddess! I would have hosed him down right in the yard before bringing him in my house! haha!