Monday, June 9, 2008

Close Calls

DDT, HANKERS and I decided it would be nice to go to Long Beach to visit with Grandma and Grandpa. We figured it would be perfect weather to take a dip in the pool. Little did I know that DDT was a little anxious to go swimming. As I was helping my father, I heard a splash and looked to my left and there was DDT in the water. With my cheetah like reflexes I yanked him out. On the inside, I was freaking out but on the outside I was telling him everything was okay just so he wouldn't freak out. So there he is on the side of the pool looking like a wet dog and get this, he was laughing and smiling. I wanted to cry because if anything were to happen to him, I would die. When it was time to actually go swimming, he kept jumping off the side of the pool into my waiting arms. Today I am going to sign him up for swim lessons.

As I was putting DDT down to rest I heard some popping noises. I ran outside and saw the fence on fire. I will admit, this was my fault and I used my limited fire fighting techniques to put out the flame. I will admit this was my fault and I am not going to say how it is, just know it is. My mom was pissed, rightfully so, and I was afraid she was going to put me in the time out chair. I knew that when I told my hubby, I was going to get it as well. Lets just say he had a few choice words.

Other than that, we had a great time, delicious dinner (thanks to me) and DDT got to spend some quality time with Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Harley and Aunt Harley.

Grandpa and DDT are almost twins with their bellies and swimming trunks:
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

DDT giving me "The Look":
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Front of fence that caught fire:
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Back of fence that caught fire:
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Carebear and DDT:
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

The best treats are mommy's kisses:
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

1 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Ooo, I bet there's a hell of a story behind the fence fire. Come on, Lady, spill it!!!

THANK GOD you were within earshot of DDT! I know how terrified you must have felt on the inside, so congratulations on keeping it together on the outside! Yeah, I'd say the swimming lessons need to happen asap! I'm glad he wasn't scared, though, because that would have been worse. Our kids were like that, too. Not one drop of fear when it came to the pool. My parents always had a pool when we were growing up, and when our kids were babies, they still had a HUGE pool in their yard. My youngest niece was just about 7 or 8 months old her first summer, and crawled straight across the deck and into the pool headfirst without warning. Luckily, her big brother was in the pool, and turned around and plucked her out. She LOVED it, and was laughing and laughing! She wasn't even walking yet, but she was practically swimming by the end of the day!