Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Lights Out

That last thing I remember is telling Andrew, "It's hot in here". Apparently, that is when I passed out. Let me backtrack for a moment...

A couple of months ago our good friend RABIJAY invited PANDA and myself to see his "girlfriend" Ingrid Michaelson play at the House of Blues (HOB) in Anaheim. Before the show we went out to dinner and then made our way to the HOB. After a few songs by Greg Laswell, I started to get sweaty and just feel plain ol' yucky. I figured it was the wine so PANDA and I left for the night.

Fastforward to last night....

We ate dinner at the HOB so that we could get priority sits. I only had a few cocktails and it was about the same time and I started to feel crappy again. WTF?! Greg Laswell was playing again and I started getting very hot and sweaty. I told PANDA I was hot and he told me to go outside. Well to get outside I had to walk through a crowd of people and up the stairs. So instead of doing that, I just started to fan myself. Apparently, that is when I passed out and thanks to PACHINKO, I did not land directly on the floor.

The bouncers had come over and directed PANDA and RABIJAY where to put me. The bouncers were ready to call Disney Medics but thanks to my own team of firefighters/paramedics, RABIJAY told them not to. I guess I was hyperventilating as well and my fingers were tingling. The boys finally got me outside and started putting wet rags on my neck and head. PANDA was forcing me to drink water and viola! I was aware and ready to keep going.

The bouncers were a little hesitant to let me back in but they agreed since I had my own emergency response team. The head bouncer guy gave us passes to the lounge section that has seating. PANDA being the concerned husband kept insisting that we go home but I was determined to see Ingrid.

We got to our seats and they were great! It was around 10 or so that I figured we better go home and relieve the babysitter and PANDA had to be up early to head out for a funeral for the Newport Beach firefighter that passed away.

I am not sure why it keeps happening at the HOB but PANDA says he is never taking me back there again.

So thanks to PACHINKO for not letting my "petite" body hit the ground, thanks to RABIJAY for making sure my vitals were good and thanks to my wonderful husband, PANDA, who let me accomplish my goal of seeing Ingrid in concert.

1 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Jeez Louise!!! You guys went to see Ingrid AGAIN!!!!? I'm totally jealous! I'm so sorry you passed out, though. WTF for real?! Aren't you a lucky little girl to be able to travel with your own personal medical team, huh?

I wish Ingrid would come play here, for Pete's sake! I am psyched, though, because one of my other absolute favorites, Joss Stone, will be performing at the Taste of Chicago next Wednesday. Yay!! I can't wait!