Monday, June 16, 2008

Wanted: Pepe Le Pew - Dead or Alive but Preferably DEAD

Our Father's Day ended with a very stinky incident. It was around 9 or so at night and I just got home with DDT and Hankers. I put DDT down so that I could let Hankers in the backyard. As I opened the door, I saw him....Pepe Le Pew! It was too late and Hankers saw him too. Within a few moments my night turned into a living hell.

Once Hankers got the wrath of Pepe he then proceeded to run back into the house, roll around in the front room (yes where the new carpet is), then on the area rug in the living room, then onto my bed. All the while, I am holding DDT, screaming at Hankers and talking on the phone to my wonderful husband who is at work.

I am finally able to wrangle Hankers back outside. Whooo. I then get the whiff of the lovely Pepe Le Pew perfume. My house is a wreck! I then look out the door to find Hankers rolling around vigourously in my, once beautiful, flower bed. The poor dog was covered now in stink and dirt. It just keeps getting better!

Since PANDA is at work, he is trying to find skunk odor remedies online for me. He then sends our friend BAMMER to the grocery store to pick up hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Mind you, BAMMER is on duty with the village PD. He quickly drops off the goods and informs me that you can smell the perfume for blocks. Thanks for the info!

I was finally able to put DDT down to bed around 10 or so. My next task was to mix the concoction of Peroxide, baking soda and dish detergent and give Hankers a bath. The poor dog was herded into the bathtub and given a bath. Seriously folks, that mixture worked like a charm! He does not smell of skunk at all!!

Needless to say, my house will not have any showings until the smell of Pepe Le Pew is gone. We have a carpet cleaner coming today and hopefully, the stink will be defeated. Anything that has come into contact with Hankers is in the process of being washed with baking soda.

Boy, I am ready for a stiff drink....It has to be 5 o'clock somewhere!

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE - Preferably DEAD
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

The Victim - Hankers
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

My Poor Flowerbed
Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

0 comments: