Friday, August 1, 2008

Just another Friday....

NOT!!! A lovely morning hanging with the family turned into a nightmare. Panda, DDT, Hankers and I were hanging out on the bed and before we knew it DDT fell backwards and landed on his head. I got immediately picked up my crying little boy and then it happened, he stopped crying and totally stiffened up. I freaked and handed him off to Panda who then told me to call "the boys" aka. 911. I knew when he told me to call it was serious. I called 911 and gave them the info and of course, threw in that I was Mrs. Panda. Meanwhile, DDT had come around and was screaming again.

The boys arrived at the house within minutes and had Panda and DDT in route in the ambulance in no time at all. I drove to the hospital in my car as we needed a ride home. Once at the hospital they tried to get a Ct Scan but my lovely little boy did not want to lay on his back. So they tried to drug him up with Benedryl (sp) and he fell asleep but as soon as we put him on his back he woke and started wailing and screaming again. So the next option was to sedate him. The Dr. and Panda discussed it and thought it would be best not to sedate him but rather release him and keep a close eye on him as he was acting like a normal crazy 18 month old again.

The Dr. thought that when he initially fell and started crying hysterically he hyperventilated and that is what made him "pass out". I don't really care about his opinion, all I know is that I have never seen my child like that and hope I don't have to again.

So for now, our new lesson for DDT will be no standing on the bed, sofa, chairs, tables, etc and in order for this to happen, it will involve duct tape.

1 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Holy Mother of God!! I'm sooo sorry this happened. Thank God DDT seems fine now. I'm sure he IS fine, but that won't keep you from staying up all night, watching him while he sleeps to make sure he keeps breathing, right? I'm sending him tons of hugs and kisses, as well as some for you!!!