Saturday, September 6, 2008

Who Woulda Thunk.....

that cutting out Mt. Dew, fast foods, sunflower seeds, candy, etc. would help me lose another 1lb.

I have to admit that this week hasn't been the easiest but I like, no LOVE, the fact that I have lost another lb. The walks that we have been taking have been great and challenging. Maybe I will work my way up to 5 miles. Maybe....I have been eating good and have eaten lots of veggies/fruits.

I keep thinking about the upcoming months and how I will do with my diet. Panda and I are going to San Fran from Oct. 2 to Oct. 5 to celebrate our 4 year anniv, then there is Thanksgiving and then Christmas and then New Years.....But I think I need to take it one day at a time and when everything gets a little closer worry about it then.

So now I sit and watch my son laying on the floor and grunting....I wonder what he is doing???

Photobucket

5 comments:

Kiki said...

Congrats on another pound! Whew, you are just blowing through this 30 pounds! And I agree, do not worry about the tough times until they get closer, and then make a plan you can live with. If you have lost more weight than you had expected by then, then give yourself some room to have fun. During the holidays, I give myself a weight gain allowance... Example: Between Thanksgiving and New Years, I am allowed to gain 5 pounds. This way, if the scale says I am getting close to that before Christmas, I know to reign myself in, but I am not depriving myself of holiday fun. Also, don't stress about San Fransisco! Think of all the walking and hills you will be doing while you are there!

Kiki said...

Oh, and thank you for inspiring me. I woke up this morning wanting a full on pancake breakfast, but hearing how you keep loosing weight changed my mind :)

ChiTown Girl said...

Wow! You are already at 1/10th of your goal in less than a week! YOU ROCK!!

Unlike Kiki, I gave into the breakfast craving, and had 3, count 'em, 3 crepes!! Covered in whipped cream, no less! I tried to pretend they weren't that bad cuz they were filled with blueberries, strawberries and cherries. But, when they arrived, the blueberries and cherries were both pie filling, only the strawberries were fresh. I blame my dad for taking us out for breakfast. ;-)

I SWEAR, I'm getting with the program next week!!

Carebear said...

Okay, now I am really hungry after reading about the pancakes and crepes! Oh well, I will just continue to drink my weightloss shake and imagine it as something else.

ChiTown Girl said...

Oo, I guess that was a little mean describing my breakfast, huh? Sorry, Girlfriend :(

If it's any consolation, my stomach has been hurting ever since, and that was 10 hours ago! I'm serious.