Monday, October 13, 2008

Walking, Lovefest and Really Great Food

Since it has been a week since we returned from San Francisco, I hope I remember all the juicy details...

Day One

Arrival: 9:19 AM in Oakland took AirBART to Oakland BART station.

Notes:: You need exact change ($3.00) to ride the AirBART so if you don't have the change you can work with the other travelers who need change. I realized I am not a city girl and could not travel on the BART or any other subway everyday.

Decided once we arrived at the Embarcadero BART station to walk to the hotel. If the route was flat it wouldn't really be that big of a deal but the route takes us up several steep streets and we are dragging ass...oh I mean, our luggage. And just to clarify, I was dragging ass not Panda.

Hotel: Mark Hopkins Intercontinental on Nob Hill

Notes: Got to check-in early!!!! Dropped of the bags, snapped some pics and took off to check things out.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Food:

Notes: We walked (yes, back down the hills) and checked out the Ferry Building. There are so many different places to eat and we were tempted by each but decided on the San Francisco Fish Company. They had these Salmon "candies" and I was in Heaven!! We had to save room because Panda made reservations at a restaurant in the Ferry Building called the Slanted Door (http://www.slanteddoor.com/). Panda originally tried to make dinner reservations but the next availble reservation was on October 9th...mind you it was only October 2nd. The food was amazing! I had Cellophane noodles w/dungeness crab. Panda had the Lemongrass chicken. For an appetizer we had the Slanted Door Spring rolls. My mouth is watering just writing about it.

After a nap, we decided to head over to the Fairmont and check out the Tonga Room. Ok, this place is great! It is an actual tiki lounge and every so often it rains and thunders within the room. We had the Happy Hour special and I was loopy after only 2 drinks. http://www.fairmont.com/sanfrancisco/GuestServices/Restaurants/TheTongaRoomHurricaneBar.htm

Day 1 ended with tired feet, full bellies and foggy thinking.

Sorry folks, I need to call it a night. I will continue tomorrow.....

0 comments: