Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Parking Police

So the joy of living by the beach includes having parking meters in front of your house. Of course, you can buy a resident parking sticker but I think you have to take a home loan out to purchase one so Panda and I buy the shopper's permit which is a lot cheaper. The difference between the two are:

Resident Sticker - You can park 24 hours in one metered spot.

Shopper's Permit - You can park for the amount of time listed on the meter, ie. 2 hours, 3 hours, etc.

The parking police usually are smart enough to see that the same cars are parked in front of certain houses and typically let us slide on the time limitations. There of course is one a-hole meter maid that likes to waste paper. Her name is Dupperoy. EVERY single ticket we have gotten is from Dupperoy. This time DDT was standing outside looking at something and then I realized that he was looking at the stupid little meter maid car. DAMN IT!! There goes another $36. We figured that we can get at least 6 or 7 tickets before it is the cost of the resident sticker so I am okay for now. It think I may have only a few tickets left before I really get pissed off.

I can totally understand if it was the middle of summer and parking was a problem but the fact that there were only 3 cars on the street including mine, really makes me want to make Dupperoy's life a living hell.

0 comments: