Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Compacting Pledge

So in my wine club newsletter (stop laughing) there was an article regarding compacting. The basic rules of compacting are:

Don't buy new! If you exempted the purchase in your pledge, then it's exempt. Outside of that, DON'T BUY NEW. There are natural exemptions to this rule including consumables like food and personal care items as well as health and safety items.

Barter, trade, buy used or go without.


So I am going to pledge to try this for 30 days starting on tomorrow February 9th. I have my nephew's 11th bday coming up so I may have to be his present new but may look at a thrift store or antique store for something out of the ordinary.

Would you be up for this challenge? Try it with me!

1 comments:

Kiki said...

Since I can't afford to buy anything anyway, I am with you! I already bought Dirk's valentine's day present new, so that is out. Otherwise, I think I am good!