Monday, June 9, 2008

Truman Leroy Burton

was my grandfather (my mom's father) and I miss him dearly. He unfortunately passed away before my son was born and I think about that a lot because I know he would have loved DDT. So in honor of him we used Burton as DDT's middle name.

When my parents find a penny on the ground, they always say that Truman left it for them (because he always found pennies on the ground). Well my dad made a comment about Truman not leaving them any money around for them lately and as they were walking into a restaurant for dinner, low and behold, my dad found a penny.

Miss you Grandpa!

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

3 comments:

Kiki said...

Well, it was your turn to make me cry. My grandpa is still with me and is about to turn 96. I adore him, and so I know how much you must miss yours. I hope your life is blessed with many pennies.

ChiTown Girl said...

What a beautiful picture! I assume that was your wedding day, yes? Here's to Pennies from Heaven!

Carebear said...

Yes, it was my wedding day and we were so excited to get my grandpa in a long sleeve hawaiian shirt. He usually wore a long sleeve plaid shirt.