Monday, August 18, 2008

Scrapbooking and B I N G O

Last Wednesday my friend Kiki and I took a day off from being mothers and spent the day scrapbooking, playing bingo and just enjoying the time away from our boys.

Funny story about Kiki and myself - We met each other when we worked in the HR Dept. at a mortgage company. The thing is that we couldn't stand each other. We truly did not like each other. Well fast forward to 2008, Kiki found my profile on facebook and sent me a message. I replied, being the nice person that I am, and ever since then we have been best of friends. We both have little boys and Kiki's little guy, Munchi, is a few weeks older than DDT but DDT has Munchi beat by height and weight. We all get together at least twice a week and DDT says Munchi's name all the time and his face lights up when he sees him. It seems that Kiki and I have been friends forever and I am glad that we reconnected after all these years.

So after we picked up my pictures from Costco, we headed off to Scrapbooking Depot. This place is awesome! You pay $6-$7 to scrapbook all day. This also entitles you to use there cool tools. You can also go pick supplies from the store and keep a tally sheet and pay for it all after you are done. Luckily, Kiki had enough patience to help me get started. She also brought her scrapbooking supplies so we didn't have to buy too much from the store itself. I was able to make 4 pages. I have to admit that they turned out very cute. I will post some pics this afternoon.

Now on to B I N G O -

Kiki brought up the idea of playing bingo a couple of weeks ago and I was so exicted. I have wanted to play for a very long time but didn't want to go by myself. So Kiki found some places and we headed off. We found a place in Cypress and realized as we were walking in that this was going to be very, very interesting. We walked up to the counter and said "this is our first time and we have no idea what we are doing". The single tooth, meth addict told us what we needed to do. We paid $30 and picked up 2 game pads, bought dabbers (sp?) and very slowly made our way into the hall. We got there very close to game time and it didn't look like a lot of seats were available. I scanned the room and saw two seats available between 2 people that didn't look like they would bite our heads off for asking questions. We got lucky and our neighbors were VERY helpful. Let me say that bingo at a hall is not just trying to get a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal line. There are all different types of patterns and it was overwhelming at first but got easier as the games progressed. We had a great time even though we weren't winning. Well that is until I won! We were in the last round of games and I was getting close to getting a bingo. And then it happened, I GOT BINGO and so did 3 other people. We each got $62.50. I paid for my bingo game!! So now we are addicted but not so addicted that we have to play every night of the week. We are going to try and play at least once a month. Although we are going to have to work on staying up late. The game lasted 4 hours!!! We left at 10:30 while yawning but we had a great time!

So our day was a success and the boys survived the day with their dads. A big thanks to Kiki for being such a great friend, it seems like we have been friends forever and I couldn't imagine our lives without you guys.

2 comments:

Kiki said...

Well, just go and make me cry why don't you. You just left my house and of course, I had to get my computer fill for the day, and what do I find but the sweetest blog from my dear friend, Carebear! Let me take a moment to return the sentiment. Munchi and I would not know what to do without you guys. We feel blessed to have connected with you after all these years, and incredibly grateful! And while I know Munchi loves his best friend, DDT, I think I am the lucky one to have found a friend like you.

Kiki said...

Oh, and one more thing. It has not even been a week, and I am already itching for some BINGO action.... The second our Pennysaver has a coupon, we our hitting that BINGO hall!