Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Mommy's Day Out

So Kiki and I took another day off and did our usual scrapbooking and bingo.

The day started off with a nice breakfast at The Original Pancake House. People, this place was sooooo yummy and helped hold off the hunger pains as we scrapbooked.

At scrapbooking, I was able to finish my niece's (CM) scrapbook and got started on my autumn cards. We seriously sat there for 5+ hours and I probably could have sat longer. I loved listening to the other women chatting and cracking jokes at each other. Kiki and I definitely fit right in with them.

After scrapbooking, we went to play bingo. Well we decided to try a different place this time and boy, was it a mistake!! We went to a bingo club in Hawaiian Gardens. Now for those folks not familiar with So Cal, Hawaiian Gardens is not a place you want to be left alone for very long. Like Panda says "If there is a Popeye's Chicken around, it probably isn't the greatest place to be." and there was a Popeye's Chicken on the corner. Anyhow, this bingo place was CRAZY!! You bought in for each game and they called numbers as fast as possible. We lasted about 2 hours but needed to leave because 1. We were getting broke. 2. My head was starting to hurt and 3. We didn't want to get caught in any cross fire.

So Kiki and I decided that we will stick to our original bingo place from now on because I think if I played at the bingo club again, I would need to take some speed to keep up.

So another day off and definitely will be doing it again soon. Well maybe not soon but definitely next month!

3 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Sounds like you two had a great day! You crack me up with your description of the Bingo joint!! Imagine that 100 times worse, and that's where I work!! (You should google Englewood/Chicago one day and check out the crime stats!) How nice that you were actually able to have an entire day to yourself. That's very rare when you're a mommy, isn't it?

Kiki said...

I had an absolute blast. And while Bingo was a bust, just the thought of us at the table, saying "what the f*** is going on?" bring a fat smile to my face. Never, ever a dull moment when I go out with Carebear.

But you forgot one thing. No mention of the ride home where you tried to fly off the side of the overpass, because you were driving as fast as we had been playing Bingo!

Carebear said...

Kiki sorry for the omission. I also forgot about calling 911 and following the drunk driver. I think that even writing about Bingo overwhelmed my brain.