Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ramblings from a Village Idiot

Okay, so it has been a couple of days since a post and I am going to post a long one here and I apologize because I have already had to glasses of chardonnay.

My Weekend

Since I am a loving daughter, I thought it would be nice to go to my folk's house and do a little bit of cleaning. They went away on vacation and their house was in need of a good cleaning. My parents do a good job are surface cleaning but it needed a good cleaning. So with the help from my sis we arrived in the LBC at 7:30 and set off to work. We did a good job but there were a few rooms that weren't cleaned to my liking because of "stuff" piled in places. Actually, I will take blame for one room because it is housing my king bed and a crib for DDT when he stays over. The room is not big to begin with and when you add a King bed to it, it is VERY small. We did a good job overall and I was feeling pretty good until I woke up Sunday morning.....'

My Back

So I wake up on Sunday and I try to roll out of bed and I am in PAIN!! My back is revolting against me. My left side is totally out of whack and I can barely walk. I hear DDT stirring and go try to pick him up and with all my strength I lift him out of the crib. I think it was at this point I decided he needed to go on a diet or I was going to teach him how to climb out of the crib himself. Being the good daughter in law that I am, I went about my day and took DDT over to Grammy and Papa's house to do my watering of their 100 acre yard. Okay it is not that big but seems like it when one can't move freely. DDT had some good quality time with Papa and I was tempted to leave him there.....On Monday morning, I called the Chiro (for those of you who don't believe in them, oh well) and was able to get in first thing in the morning. OH MY GOD, I love the chiro!! After one visit I was ble to lift my left leg with minimal pain. Today's visit was another step in a painfree direction.

My Day

The tree trimmers arrived at a quarter to 8 and I woke up rusing around the house to close the windows so DDT wouldn't wake up. Yes, he was still asleep at 8!! So about 8:30 Sergio the tree trimmer knocked on my window. I went out back and he informed me that he accidently cut through my phone and cable wires....On the outside, I was calm "No worries, Sergio. I will call Cox and have them fix it"...On the inside, I was "WTF, are you f*&ing joking? How am I going to check email? How can I surf the web...Oh shit!" So I called Cox and they said "maybe" they could get someone out today. This is an emergency people, I need a definite answer. So Daniel from Cox called and said someone would be at the house between 3-5. Oh my god! Luckily I was able to surf the web on someone else's wireless. the Cox repair man showed up at 2:30, GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

My Favorite Time of The Year

Monday was the first day of FALL!!! I love this time of the year!! It is the start of the crazy time of year back to back to back holidays. I started decorating and already had an ornament casuality thanks to DDT. Is there ever going to be a time when I can put ornaments out and he will not touch? I love the smell of my house, it smells like pumpkin spice! I can't wait to start baking my pumpkin bread!! Be on the look out for special deliveries!!

My Child

Mommy is the new word. It was MA!! and Mama but now it is mommy. He is also taking my hand and leading me to his playroom so I can sit and play with him. I can't believe he is 20 months!! I find myself loving him more and more, which I didn't think was possible. Although right now, he is pissing me off because he keeps standing in the tub. He was very good today, maybe he is coming down with something...Okay I take it back, he just poured half of the water out of the tub with his frog...Okay, he is a goofball again, he is biting his own foot......

My Hubby

I am in love with my hubby and I cannot imagine my life without him. Yes, I do worry about when he is at work but working in the village there isn't that much action. If he were to go county, then my worry level would definitely increase. He is an amazing father to DDT and I love watching them together. There is one thing that bugs me and that is when he washes dishes and I still find food particles on the forks, plates, etc. So I rewash and remember all the reasons why I love him....I need to say it more....

Overview

I love my life, my hubby, my standing in the tub 20 month old, my dog, my family (near and far) and my glass of chardonnay.

1 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Awww...this post made me just want to smile!

Hey, my book arrived Saturday. Thank you so much! I haven't started it yet, but I can't wait to! I think I'll lie in my hammock all day Sunday reading it!