Friday, November 28, 2008

Lights Up and Lights Out

So the day after Thanksgiving is my day to decorate for Christmas. Thanks to my hubby, I was able to put the lights up on my house and we did a great countdown for DDT.

Photobucket


Today, I went in my backyard to throw some trash out and almost stepped on a rat. Unfortunately, the rat was in no condition to scurry away. I am sure he had his share of poison (thanks Vector Control) and was walking towards to the light. I knew that I had to get it out of the yard before Panda got home so I tried but then it got a burst of energy and ran under our trees and tried to climb, no luck. I left him to die in the leaves under the trees. Once Panda got home, I went to see if he was dead but he was gone! I kept thinking that there was no way that this rat climbed his way out of my yard, so I opened the back gate and viola! He was there. He was able to fit under the gate. With urging from Panda, I got a white trash bag and scooped him in the bag with a dustpan. So while he was still breathing, he was on his last leg and now is lights out in the neighbor's trash can.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Kiki said...

Maybe next time, Christmas lights and rat stories could be separated into two different postings.... The lights are beautiful, and I completely forgot when I had to read about the rat.

As for the rat.... The least you could have done was smash him against the wall while in the bag, and end his suffering... Poor guy had to deal with poison and suffocation in a plastic bag! Nice call though in putting it in the neighbors trash though!

Carebear said...

I figured since the rat wasn't "dead" or in a trap it would be okay to post. Sorry ladies!